I was invited to present a Master Application workshop at the Employment Encounter Job Fair on April 21, 2015.
The audience was youth/young adult job seekers, many of whom are graduating seniors with a disability. Many are seeking their first job.
This is the slide deck I created and presented (opens in SlideShare). In it, I shared:
- The difference between a Resume and a Master Application
- Why you need a Master Application / cheat sheet
- The elements of a Master Application
- Documents needed to satisfy the I-9 form
- The difference between Fired, Laid Off, and Quit
- How to complete an application if you have limited work experience
- How to answer the Criminal Conviction question
- Preparing your references
About 75 job seekers were in attendance.
Success doesn’t come to you. You go get it.